Thursday, March 27, 2008

Playing around with Seraphina

The Seraphina as written is on the left,
the results of playing with the pattern is on the right.

What I did was add 2 rows to the shell column,
This opens up the base of the column so it's not
quite as smooshed looking.

I did a 4dc block of stitches instead of a 3dc block between the shells. This reduces the number of shell columns a little bit but it evens out the spacing. It also makes the center shell column feel a little more substantial.

So, you'll have no more than 8dc's
(instead of 6dc's) in the row before your Vst row.

I also stopping doing the increases when I got to the last shell column for the length that I wanted (which is 24 inches on these for Amber and her friends - preteens). The edges line up next to each other in the front instead of overlapping.

The center point at the bottom cups slightly when it's layed out flat, but is fine when it's worn. Not doing the increase at the end gets rid of that little ruffle on the bottom.

Instead of Vst's on the ends I did 3dc's. I think this shawl
is a little too heavy for such an open edge.

Beginning Vst -ch2, 2dc in same st, and
Ending Vst - 3dc in turning ch.

~ close up of changes~
For this version, the shell pattern by row looks like this:

(Dc, ch1, dc) in center dc
ch1, (dc, ch1, dc), ch1
ch1, (dc, ch2, dc), ch1
ch1, (2dc, ch1, 2dc), ch1
ch1, (2dc, ch2, 2dc), ch1
ch1, 3dc shell, ch1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.